SEEKING HARVEST MANAGER
December 6th, 2018: Sideroad Farm is looking to fill the position of Harvest Manager for the 2019 season. The position is full time (40 hours/week) and would begin April 1st and end December 20th. Our work week runs Monday – Friday, typically starting at 7 am and ending at 4 pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break. There is an opportunity to stay on past 2019 if we are a good fit for one another.
The Harvest Manager is responsible for:
- Creating daily harvest lists with the assistance of the field manager
- Projecting future harvests
- Recording and reporting on harvest yields and maintaining records required for our organic certification
- Managing the harvest crew on harvest days and working as a team member to complete harvest activities in a timely manner
- Managing the washing/packaging and storage of produce
- Managing CSA box pack up
- Packing and organizing wholesale delivery orders
- Cleaning, storage and maintenance of harvest equipment, wash and pack area and harvest bins
The Harvest Manager will work closely as part of the farm management team and will be provided with training for all activities. Our farm typically harvests three or four days of the week. On non-harvest days the harvest manager will assist the rest of the team with other farm activities such as planting and weeding.
Our ideal Harvest Manager:
- Has exceptionally high standards and an ability to enforce our produce quality standards throughout the season
- Is detailed oriented…never lets an order leave the farm without double checking it for quality and accuracy
- Is highly organized and is able to implement systems to manage a hefty and dynamic workload
- Is able to work hard and motivate team members to do the same in all weather conditions throughout the full farm season
- Is respectful of other team members and only brings their best attitude to the workplace
- Has a passion for food, farming and outdoor physical work
Experience working in a professional market garden setting or other similar work is preferred. The pay range for this position is $15-$17/hour depending on experience. Accommodations are not available on-site and candidates are expected to arrange their own transportation to and from the farm.
Applications are being accepted currently until this posting has been taken down. To apply for a position with Sideroad Farm, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position please feel free to email.
Sideroad Farm is located in Walter’s Falls, Ontario which is approximately 20 minutes south-east of Owen Sound. We grow 6.5 acres of certified organic vegetables and flowers and raise 3000 meat chickens on pasture annually. Our products are sold at farmers markets, through a CSA program, to local retailers and through our on-farm store year-round. The farm is owned and operated by Amy and Patrick Kitchen who started growing veggies in Ontario in 2013 and prior to that had a farm in BC. For more information about our farm, please visit our website: http://sideroadfarm.com as well as our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.
Amy and Patrick Kitchen
C: 705.446.5503 (text preferred)